Montgomery, West Virginia (WV)

Montgomery, WV was first incorporated as Coal Valley, but was renamed Montgomery in 1891 for its founder, James C. Montgomery. The town is located in Fayette and Kanawha counties.
 
Click on an image to (1) either view a larger version of the image or (2) to select the image for an ePostcard.
 


Ferry Street - Montgomery, WV - circa early-1900's.


Third Street - Montgomery, WV - circa early-1900's.


Passengers prepare to board the New River Train at Montgomery Depot (Fayette County) - circa late-1960's


From an old postcard of about 1906, a view of "Railroad Avenue" in Montgomery, WV. C&O Depot can be seen in left corner of photo.

The handsome brick depot built by the C&O Railway to replace Montgomery's aging wooden depot was torn down during the 1970's.

From a postcard from the early-1900's, a photo of the Montgomery Preparatory School Building in Montgomery, WV.

TOP OF PAGE

 

Copyright 2002 by WVePostcards.com - All Rights Reserved